To manage inventory, launch the Inventory Management screen from the Inventory menu. As explained previously, rental inventory items are initially created in Xero or MYOB or QBO with basic details such as Item code, name, sales income account etc. In Viberent, further details are added to the rental inventory item such as pricing, serial number, barcode etc. The inventory management screen allows user to maintain details for an item. Any new rental item brought into inventory must be first created in the accounting system first (Xero, MYOB or QBO) and then these items can be brought into Viberent using Configuration – Load Data and clicking the second button (eg Load Xero Data).
On launching the inventory management screen, user can select an item by typing in the item details or by clicking the + button beside the box and search for the items in the list provided. This list will show all items in your accounting system as Viberent does not know which items are meant for rental purposes and which items are meant for sale or other purposes. Only those items configured with Pricing and other details in the inventory management system will be made available in the Bookings and Rental screens.
Fields marked with * are mandatory fields.
Inventory Details Tab
- Inventory Type
- Rental – normal rental item owned by the company
- Cross Rental – rental items cross-rented from another company (you can specify Supplier name from whom you rented this)
- Service – used for specifying Technicians, Engineers etc required to install rental items
- Sale – items that are sold and not rented that can be used in a rental transaction (eg selling packets of balloons by Party rental company along with party goods rentals)
- Item Config by
- Serial Number – for finite number of items (eg 1 to 50 or s0) that require tracking by asset number/serial number etc then select this option
- Bulk – for items with large quantities (eg 2000 forks, 5000m of fencing etc) then select this option
- Make, Model, Warehouse, Unit of Measure – enter text as appropriate for each of the fields
- Description and Notes fields can be used maintain detailed description and notes about the item
- Sub-category – an item must be configured with a sub-cateogry selected from the drop-down; if the entry does not exist, user can create by clicking the link Create Sub Category (Viberent provides two levels of Categories – Main Category and Sub-category)
This tab allows you to specify pricing for various rental periods as configured using Configuation – Item Management – Rental Period Type menu. Specify figures based on your requirements.
Drag and drop files to this tab so that all your documentation about your items can be maintained in one place. If you upload multiple images, then you can set one of the images as the default image that can be used in Shelf Sign report and other screens.
Minimum Cost & Period
If you have minimum rental periods or costs (ie item X to be rented for a minimum of 3 days or the minimum rental amount to be $100), then you can specify such details in this tab.
Using this tab, you can specify the Serial number, Barcode and other details about the item.
- Serial number – can be either manually entered or auto-generated
- Manual – simply enter the serial number / asset number and click Save
- Auto – to auto-generate serial numbers, select the option and specify the number of entries to be created (if you wish to create 10 serial numbers, enter 10 in the box and click Generate button)
- Barcode – can be manually entered; if no value is entered, Viberent will auto-generate barcode for the item
- Date In, Expiry Date/Cert Date, ECERT Date – Viberent provides three date fields which can be used for any purpose
- Comments, Memo – Additional comments about the item can be specified here
In addition to descriptions and comments on various tabs, user can also specify additional comments about the item in the Comments tab.